Form B: Mentor/Mentee Log Form C: Buddy Meetings Log Orientation to School Procedures Checklist
Experienced Teacher: A teacher with 2 years of experience and/or new to the district.
- Meet as needed throughout the year with the Buddy Teacher.
- Be willing to ask questions of your Buddy Teacher.
Buddy Teacher: An experienced teacher dedicated to promoting excellence in the teaching profession and is willing and able to guide a teacher(s) who is new to the school system.
- Meet with your assigned teacher(s) as needed during the school year.
- Keep a log documenting dates met and activities/topics discussed. Turn in a copy of the log to the Mentor Coordinator by May 1. (See Form C)
- Be a role model in all aspects of professionalism.
- Be willing to help in any way that is needed by the new teacher(s).
- Guide your mentee through the daily operations of the school. Refer to the Orientation to School Procedures Checklist for guidance.
Stipend: A stipend of $100.00 for mentoring 1-3 teachers or a stipend of $200.00 for mentoring 4 or more teachers is to be paid in June to the mentor upon proof of completion of responsibilities.